Monday, December 28, 2009

Cornflake Crusted Sea Bass


Let me start out by saying that I love seafood. I absolutely love every type of seafood. Plus, with a mom whose ancestors were British, it didn't take long for me to discover fish and chips. It is one of my favorite meals! But, unfortunately, there are not too many authentic fish and chip stands around here, so I went out to find the PERFECT recipe to fry up some fish. I knew I needed a perfect white fish, so I chose Sea Bass. This is a very mild white fish. After that, I had to find a great way to make the crust. So, after lots of searching, I found the best crust for frying fish on CookLight.com. The first time I made it, it was ALL EATEN by the end of the meal. I served it with white rice (since I didn't have any fries) and everyone LOVED it! Anyways, if you are a fan of fish and chips..USE THIS RECIPE. It is really amazing.

Ingredients:
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
onion powder, to taste
1 Egg white, slightly whisked
1 c. of milk
2 c. cornflakes, crush to a fine breadcrumb texture
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
4 (6 ounce) pieces of sea bass
oil
lemon wedges, if preferred

Instructions:
Put salt, pepper and onion powder on the fish fillets to your personal liking.
Combine milk and egg white into a shallow dish, whisk well.
Combine flour and cornflakes in a shallow pan, mix well.
Dip fish in to milk mixture, Then into the flour/cornflake mixture.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Cook the fish about 7 minutes on each side. However, different stove-tops cook in different ways. To make sure that the fish is fully cooked, check with a fork (the fish will flake easily).

Serve with lemon wedges and fries. Rice is also a nice substitute with this fish.

-Bon Apetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment