Sunday, December 6, 2009

Stir Fry


One thing that most people know about me is that I LOVE STIR FRY. I love most Asian cuisine, but for some reason stir fry is my absolute favorite. My only problem is that when I make my own stir fry, the thing that takes the longest is making the sauce from scratch. So, naturally, when I found out that Panda Express started bottling their sauces, it made my day! Now it takes me no time at all to finish the stir fry!

The ingredients and process are my own, but, of course, a stir fry is like painting a picture; you can add anything to it that you want or keep it the same every time. The choice is ultimately yours.

Ingredients:
- oil of choice
- 1 large sweet onion (I use either vidalia or sweet spanish)
- 1 pack of chicken tenderloins
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 pack of baby bella mushrooms
- Choice of peanuts or almonds
- 1 large or 2 medium zucchini
- sauce of preference

Instructions:
- To make things faster chop up onion, pepper, and zucchini before starting.
- Heat oil in a large Wok, and add onions. Saute until slightly translucent.
- Add chicken and cook thoroughly. (I usually use kitchen scissors and cut it up to make cooking faster.)
- Remove chicken only.
- Add small amount of water to the pan.
- Once it is mostly evaporated, add red peppers.
- Saute until slightly tender.
- Add mushrooms.
- Saute until mushrooms are tender and peppers begin to brown.
- Add any choice of peanuts or almonds.
- Add zucchini.
- Saute until veggies are to preference.
- Add chicken and sauce to the pan.
- Saute for about 5 minutes let simmer for 3 minutes.

**I usually serve this over jasmine rice, but again, anything will work.**

-Bon Apetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment