This post is to celebrate a favorite casserole of mine. This is a cold casserole, so it can be used for a nice lunch or hearty side dish. It is incredibly easy, and incredibly delicious.
Tuna Noodle Casserole
1/2 box of any small size pasta
1 can of tuna
1-1/2 Tbsp. Mayo
3/4 cup of slivered almonds
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. Italian style breadcrumbs
-Boil pasta until tender.
- Drain and let cool, spray some cold water throughout to speed up cooling process.
- While waiting for the pasta to cool, place almonds in a food processor and grind up until it becomes an almost fluffy texture. Use the oil while grinding the almonds.
- Combine the almonds and breadcrumbs in a pan and put under a hot broiler for 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven and shake around.
- By this time, the pasta should be cooled enough.
- Combine the pasta and breadcrumb mixture into a bowl.
- Drain tuna and add to the bowl, along with Mayo.
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
**Not a tuna fan? Substitute chicken into the recipe.**