Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pecan Crusted Chicken


My mom loves this chicken. She finally introduced it to me a few weeks ago, and I also LOVE IT! We mostly eat it on salad with lots of dried cranberries and honey mustard dressing. But you can eat it with practically anything! It has great flavor, and if you buy thinly sliced chicken, it cooks incredibly fast! So here is the recipe!




Ingredients:
2 Eggs, whisked (I didn't have eggs so I substituted 1 cup of buttermilk.)
4 pieces of chicken
1 cup of crushed pecans
1/3 cup of flour
cooking spray

Instructions:
-If you don't have eggs, soak the chicken in the buttermilk for 15 minutes. If you do have eggs, just coat the chicken before battering.
- When finished, mix the flour and pecans together and coat the chicken on both sides.
-Spray a pan with cooking spray before putting the chicken on it.
-The chicken I used was very thin, so I baked in in the oven for 7 minutes on each side.
When finished, you should let the chicken cool before putting in on a salad, or you can eat it hot with pasta or potatoes.

This recipe is very versatile, and there are so many things you can eat it with.

-Bon Apetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment