Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chocolate Bars!


I LOVE CHOCOLATE! So when my sister taught me the ideal way to melt chocolate it was like Christmas! :) This is an extremely simple technique and turns out like a "peanut brittle" look. I used almonds in this recipe but you can use any sort of ingredients you want. Just remember, the more ingredients, the more chocolate you need.

Ingredients:
1 12oz. bag of milk chocolate chips
1 cup of chopped almonds

Instructions:
I use a make-shift chocolate melting technique that requires a pot half filled with water and a glass heat-proof bowl that can sit inside the pot, but barely touches the water.
Place the glass bowl inside the pot and bring the water to a boil.
Add the bag of chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate becomes smooth (NO LUMPS!)

Turn off the heat and add your ingredients. I chose to add almonds. I used about 1 1/2 cups of roughly chopped almonds.
Next, use a greased pan to put the mixture into.Finally, I place the pan into the freezer for about 10 minutes so it can harden quickly. I then wrap the rest in wax paper and save it in the fridge.

This is simple and something you can make with little ones.

-Bon Apetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment